Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Almost There

You know that feeling you get when you're running on the treadmill and there are just five minutes left till you reach your goal time???? Or when you were a kid... and you challenge your friends to see who can hold their breath the longest??? And as you sit beneath the surface of the water, you feel all the oxygen leaves your head because you just CAN'T let him win!!!!! Or that feeling you get right before your eight hour shift is ALMOST OVER!!!! THAT'S HOW I FEEL WAITING FOR THE END OF THE SEMESTER !!!!

Its kind of stinky, honestly. I could try counting down the days, but that just seems to make time go slower. I could try to get my homework done before its due, but (HAH!!!) what would be the fun in that???

Anyways, I am not trying to complain, I just thought I would encourage myself, and maybe anyone else who reads this, that summer is just around the corner. Just a little--- bit--- longer--- just--- keep--- swimming  going... almost.... there...

So, I have been keeping a list in my journal of all the fun things I want to do this summer to keep myself busy. I will still be teaching part time, but I will have lots more free time when school is out. So here it is!!!

-Grow an herb garden
-Read LOTR Book 1
-Do some creative writing about our first year of marriage
-Learn to play Beethovan's "Rage Over the Lost Penny"
-Decorate the bedroom
(Okay, this point on my list deserves a little note. I have convictions about how a bedroom should look and to be honest, I am being rather hypocritical!!!! Here's what I think: A couples bedroom is kind of "thier place," right??? So, it shouldn't look like an office, laundry room, or storage area. It should be an inviting calming place for the two to enjoy together. Right now, I admit... its become a laundry area, storage area, and an office. And what's worse, is... story time... I got all inspired again in the middle of the semester to decorate the room nicely. I found a beautiful wall hanging and a little wall sticker- LOVE THOSE THINGS!!!!- to put below it. The sticker said, "Always Kiss Me Goodnight." Cute, right??? It was even gold, the exact color that matched the room. I had to be "Little-Miss Do-It-Myself" and I couldn't wait for Daniel to get off the phone to help me finish it. So, halfway through, I accidentally ripped it. Now it says "Always Kiss Me -ight". And we STILL have no bedframe. Anyways, now I am embarrassing myself, onto the next point.)
-Renovate the patio (lest it become an extension of the storage closet!!!!!)
-Go out with every lady in the church at least once (I am super excited about this one!!!)
-Decorate the dining room wall (It looks so sad- this big blank wall with one 'lil ol' clock keeping it company)
-Spend purposeful amounts of time with two of my dear friends
-Sew a dress

I have a couple of other ideas, but alas... my paper and piano await me. SUMMER COME QUICKLY!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment