Decorate the Dining Room Wall
Though the only thing still hanging on the lonely wall is a little clock... the wall is now a completely different color!!! Yay for green!!!! The wall of color adds a lot to the house :) I really like it. It was hard to find the right shade of green. The pictures distort the color a little bit, but it turned out to be a nice gardeny green (I think the name of the color was grass green). Not split-pea soup or puke green... its a nice green.
| Before... 'lil lonely clock... so sad. |
| Me :) |
| My Painter (No really... that's what he does for a living). |
| After!!!! |
Grow an herb garden.
I have really enjoyed this new adventure!!!! The other day, Ana and Alisia came over and helped me plant some fresh herbs so to enjoy for cooking. If you don't ever use fresh herbs, you don't know what you're missing out on!!!! They are amazing. Normally, I buy them from the grocery store, but I thought it would be fun to grow some of my own. Now technically, they were already "growing" when I bought them... but, I have learned the hard way to ease into new hobbies. Now I feel brave enough to maybe try growing them on my own from seeds. Here are some pics :)
Okay, this is kind of funny. I promise, I did do some research, but somehow I some how missed if you plant flowers or anything really, there must be holes in the bottom of the pot for drainage (DUH!!!!) I found these adorable pots at IKEA for just 99 cents (thank you Taelor!!!!). I was reading the planting directions on the soil when I read about the drainage holes. We didn't want to get rid of the cute pots, so I just hammered holes into the bottom of them. They seem to be working just fine.
I just now realized I never took any of the actual herbs, only the flowers. You can see the rosemary in the background of this one. Maybe I'll put one up later.
Happy Summer!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment