Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Where I've Been for the Past Four Months

So its not just been a little while since I've blogged... its been four months!!!!! So where have I been???Daniel and I keep calling this a "temporary" stage of life, a season of time when you simply hang on tight and enjoy the ride. He's been working sixty hours a week and though I began the semester, relatively free, I was quickly swept away by the last bit of my education degree: student teaching. On top of the previously mentioned activities, Daniel and I are prepping to travel with the ministry team this summer. I'm also still juggling fourteen piano students... busy, busy, busy!!!!

Anyways, in case you don't know, after four or more years of method classes and general education, all education majors must work in a class room with a mentoring teacher. Well, I'm pretty sure that all the formal learning I received being a student in a class room doesn't even compare to the amount of learning that took place during my time as a student teacher. Perhaps some of my "lessons" will make you smile or encourage you to step out there and do something. So allow me to share what I learned with you.

Lesson 1: Be Crazy
I taught English for 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade. And you know what I love about those kids--they are just crazy. Teenagers just are who they are, especially 7th graders. They do such random things with out rhyme or reason. Random twitches and funny voices. They haven't mastered the adult art of pretending to be some one else. And I kind of hope they never learn to hide their personalities.

So I was listening to the high-school buzz with personalities on day when I found myself wishing I could be a teenager again so that I could be random and crazy like them. And then I started thinking about it. Now, don't get me wrong, adults need to be grown ups... I'm not suggesting we all go crazy... but really, maybe we all need to loosen up a bit. I just worry to much about what other people will think if I do this or if I suggest that. Those kids inspired me to relax and just be crazy sometimes.


The Very Crazy 7th Grade Class!!!

Proverbs 17:22 Laughter is good like medecine...

1 comment:

  1. I was just talking to Naythan about how I miss being goofy in highschool. SO many memories of all of us together!!

    ReplyDelete