While we were at Lake Havasu, we rented a jet ski for an hour and a half. It was CRAZY FUN!!!!! Daniel let me drive for a bit. I have to admit, I liked it better than being a passenger... not only was it SUPER fun to buzz around on the water, but I felt much more certain that I wasn't going to get thrown off if I was the one at the throttle. Its not that I don't trust Daniel's driving, but... if you know Daniel, you know he can't pass up "getting air." AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! The water was chilly... nice enough to enjoy the spray from the jet ski, but not nice enough to swim in if you asked my opinion.

After jet skiing, we went back to our hotel, cleaned up and went out for dinner. Since we had never been there before, we didn't know where to eat at. We took our chances hoping for a yummy pizza at an Italian restaurant. When we got there, we were a little reluctant... it was very small and kind of set back of the road aways. It turned out to be a DELICIOUS, sweet little place. We very much enjoyed our meal. The next day, we strolled around the docks for a while and wrapped up our weekend with a trip to an old-fashioned ice cream parlor. This was especially exciting for me. I LOVE finding quaint restaurants and old-fashioned ice-cream parlors. We really like this one in Scotsdale, but that is for another day.


The actual day of our anniversary was on Sunday. So we waited for cards and such. I will openly admit, I am a Hallmark gal. I love cards. The one Daniel brought home was my favorite EVER!!!! He also spoiled me with the most adorable flower arrangement. I got him a goofy fish card. He liked it. It was a Daniel find for sure.
We did a lot of reminiscing over the last year and talking about our favorite parts of being married. We both agreed that the best parts of marriage were things like...
Stargate and pizza, sleep-talking, Cold Stone, making dinner..
Simple Things...
No comments:
Post a Comment