Our first Valentine's Day together as a married couple was lots of fun!!!!! Daniel brought me home a dozen pink roses, some chocolate, and a card. The flowers made a lovely addition to the table. I made him a big dinner of lasagna (his favorite), bruschetta, and caprese salad. We finished off the meal with a heart-shaped cheesecake (no-not home made. I am not that talented). To make the atmosphere extra special, I got a red, checkered table cloth to go with the Italian theme. The dollar store provided candles and matching plates. We used the wine glasses from our wedding. And of course Frank Sinatra serenaded our dining!!!!
A little rabbit trail here...Sleeping in class and through movies seems to be a Kelting thing. Daniel became known for his tendency to sleep through class all through college. His class mates had a lot of fun trying to keep him awake :) I had a terrible time staying awake through my morning classes last semester. One of my teachers suggested that this new tendency was possibly due to the change of my name. And my mother-in-law is just as bad as I am at sleeping through movies!!!!! The guys of the family (Dad, Dan, and Jon) tease us when we go to see movies. They enjoy eight dollar entertainment and we take eight dollar naps.
Dinner, movie, roses, flowers, chocolate, Frank Sinatra... the simple things in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment