For those of you who don't know, I spent my childhood on the east coast of Pennsylvania. When people ask me where I am from, I usually say Phoenix. I AM A SUNSHINE GIRL!!!! I adore blue skies, cotton skirts, flip-flops, watermelon, BBQs, pool lounging, and sunglasses (do you sense my anticipation- summer is just around the corner for us Phoenicians) But I still have a special place in my heart for the rolling green hills of PA. Daniel and I spent a few days in Lansdale visiting Calvary Baptist Seminary. It was a very short visit... just four days. There was no time for sight seeing. We did meet up with a few old friends... but no long visits. It was still fun to be "home."

Seeing the seminary was a really great experience. We got to meet the professors, sit in on classes, ask lots of questions, and participate in the Advancing the Church conference. After being there, I had little desire to return to college. Graduate school is way more intense- obviously. I think I might tag along with Daniel when he goes to school for his masters.
Even though we didn't get to see much of the area, we did have a few unique PA experiences. On Tuesday, we woke up to fresh snow on the ground!!! I am used to living in old houses, but not Daniel. In Arizona, most of the houses look the same. They build huge developments with just four types of models. We call them cookie cutter houses. But, in PA, all the houses are unique. We stayed in a very quaint attic gable set up as a beautiful guest room. It was so adorable. (It was a bit antique for my hair dryer... I tripped the circuit when I plugged it in).

Traveling was okay. Unfortunately, I was recovering from the flue the day we flew out. So, my nose and head were very plugged. Daniel was sick on Wednesday (poor guy!!! A conference filled to the brim with brilliant theologians and he was stuck in bed for a morning).
Oh!!! And I want to put in a plug for random acts of kindness. We had four flights total and we were seated very far apart on all of them. But... random stranger to the rescue!!!! A nice gentleman switched with us voluntarily so we could sit together. And, on the flight home, Daniel asked a lady to switch seats with me so we could sit together. She sweetly, yet ignorantly agreed. When she came up to me, I felt so terrible that she had to take my seat 'cause I was sitting next to a rather large man. To give her a special thank you, we asked the steward to bring her a chocolate bar. It was really fun to say, "Can you give this to the lady in seat 10B???" And we didn't even know her name.
Awww! That's so sweet!!!
ReplyDelete